Apprenticeship in IT Infrastructure
Advanced IT Infrastructure Technician (Level 3)
Where to begin……………………
If you want to be an apprentice in IT Infrastructure and don’t yet have an employer, contact our apprenticeship recruitment team; 01228 822798 or email Deborah Macleod at email@example.com
If you already have an employer, or are an employer, contact our apprentice recruitment team; 01228 822708 or email Oli Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organisations productivity.Reference: A0022SL
Duration: 18-24 months
Course Dates: September 2019 - January 2021
Type: Part Time (Day release)
Tutor : Sam Ogle
- Professional Qualification - MTA Network Fundamentals - Develop knowledge of network fundamentals, hardware and protocols. Learner’s will develop understanding of network designing(LAN, WAN, VPN, wireless networking, Star topologies, Mesh topologies and star topologies) Networking hardware (Switches, Routers, Cabling) and protocols (OSI, IPV4, IPV6, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP) in this module.
- Mobile and Operating Systems – Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of benefits, differences and similarities of current operating systems. Understand how to remotely deploy and secure mobile devices.
- Cloud Services - Develop knowledge of Life cycle management, algorithms, and data structure and website development. Demonstrate understanding for how to complete scripting to work with server environments.
- Coding and Logic - Develop knowledge of Life cycle management, algorithms, and data structure and website development. Demonstrate understanding for how to complete scripting to work with server environments.
- Business Processes - Understand business IT skills and processes which are used in business and the IT sector.
What will you learn?
- Working knowledge of a range of cabling and connectivity methods, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment
- Maintenance processes and application to working practices
- The networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
- How to operate remotely and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- Working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- The importance of disaster recovery
- How to build and deliver digital marketing campaigns
- To optimise the performance of hardware, software and Network Systems and services in line with business requirements
- To apply structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies and troubleshooting and analysing problems by selecting the appropriate digital tools and techniques.
End point assessment (Takes place at the end of the course):
- Portfolio of work
- Synoptic Project
- Employer Reference
- 5 GCSE’s A* - C or 9 – 4 including maths and English or Level 2 vocational qualifications at Merit or Distinction and Level 2 qualifications in maths and English
- A passion for the IT Industry
- Has or is able to develop a logical and analytical view to problem solving
Possible job roles
Helpdesk Technician, First or second line support, IT Infrastructure Technician, Network Support.
IT Network Engineering