IET 18th Edition (BS 7671 C&G 2382-18)
The IET 18th Edition is the essential publication for all professionals working in the electrical industry, due for publication in July 2018. It forms the national standard to which all new and amended electrical installations in the UK are to comply.
The IET urges all electrical professionals to ensure they are familiar with the changes before the new requirements come into force from January 2019.
OPTION 1: 3 Days training and assessment (Full Course) Monday – Wednesday
OPTION 2: 1 Day Update course for learners who are familiar with the latest 17th edition ( See Entry Criteria below)
All learners and industry professionals should be working to the latest industry standards. The IET 18th Edition enables you to:
- Know about the new guidance on Arc Fault Detection Devices for rented accommodation
- Be up to date on the latest requirements for disconnection times
- Know you are installing equipment to the latest standards
- Understand the changes required for fixing cabling in all installations
- Know the changes to Residual Current-Device (RCD) protection
- Have the confidence installations meet new standards for ever changing technologies
- Know staff are working to the latest standards
- Be able to give the most up to date advice when carrying out Periodic Inspection and Tests
- Ensure that prospective employers know you are working to the latest standards
- Meet the Statutory Regulations applicable to most electrical installations
Method of Study
Classroom delivery and exam preparation
Method of Assessment60 item multiple choice examination
Entry RequirementsFull 3 Day programme: There are no pre-requisites required for the 18th Edition full qualification, however some experience of electrical installations is essential.
One day upgrade course: The 18th Edition upgrade qualification is only open to candidates who already hold the BS7671:2008 (2015) 17th Edition Wiring Regulations AMD3 qualification and have a good working knowledge of its practices – unchanged elements will be tested in the exam, but not covered during the course.
3 Day full course: £395
1 Day Upgrade Course: £150
These courses are available FREE via The Edge for eligible employers and their staff when completed before 31st March 2019. For those not eligible a fee applies.
Available Course Dates
- 3 Day Full Course: 19th February
- 1 Day Upgrade Course: 8th February, 8th March, 5th April
For more information, further dates or to book call Carlisle College on 01228 822700 or email at email@example.com