Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning TA
Duration: 36 Weeks
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: July 2024
Type: Full Time
Tutor: Ali Wright
Work as a Teaching Assistant is an incredibly rewarding role. Teaching Assistant's help to foster the learning and development of children and young people. They support with classroom activities like preparing for lessons and help students with learning.
This Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2 course will help you take your first steps towards a career as a Teaching Assistant. You will learn how to support students aged anywhere between 5-16 years old.
Our industry experienced tutors will support you to develop a solid understanding of theory which you can put into practice with regular work placements.
The course is delivered in a part-time capacity with a lot of self-studies. The units cover a broad range of knowledge required to understand their role and responsibilities fully. Units are a mix of full or part assignment based, and placement competency.
Students will learn;
- Health and safety
- Equality and inclusion
- Child and young people development
- Maintain relationships with CYP
- Understand childrens play and leisure
- Promote effective learning environment
- Supporting positive behaviour
- Use of ICT
- Provide displays in a learning environment
Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and learning TAExtra Studies:
Functional skills, or GCSE in Maths and English.
You will study using a mixture of lectures, group discussion, small group work, practical art and craft work as well as placement hours.
Assessment is via observation in placement / classroom, a portfolio of evidence and assessments.
- GCSEs at grade 3 (D) in maths and English, or equivalent,
- Related Level 1 qualification or some experience in an Early Years Setting (employed or voluntary).
- The course requires students to undertake a work placement, which may involve work with Children or Vulnerable adults, therefore applicants who are not already in relevant employment will be required to obtain a State of Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS),
- In addition, you must also have two references.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
If you complete this course successfully and achieve qualifications in Maths and English, you can apply for courses like our CACHE level 3 Diploma in supporting teaching and learning in schools.
You can also apply for a job in the sector.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide