The Edge is a partnership of Cumbrian Colleges and training providers that work together to deliver ESF skills contracts for the benefit of Cumbrian businesses and their workforce. The partnership is currently delivering the Skills Support for the Workforce contract in Cumbria which has funding available until 2023.
Carlisle College is the accountable body for the contract which is funded by the European Social Fund, co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and supported by Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Funded training for Cumbria SME’s and their employees to support business growth and support the achievement of higher level skills.
- Support for businesses undergoing industrial restructure with funded training and employability support for staff at risk of redundancy.
- Eligible businesses must have a base in Cumbria and employ less than 250 employees. Those who are self-employed are also eligible for support.
- Employees must be aged over 16 years of age and be a resident in the UK.
Support is available for the following sectors:
- Visitor Economy
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Rural Economy
- Health & Social Care
- Professional Services
- Creative & Cultural
Funded Courses available at Carlisle College
Carlisle College is a direct delivery partner and have a range of courses on offer to support the attainment of higher level skills. To discuss your training requirements in full, our Adult Learning team will arrange a convenient time to visit your business and talk about the different options available.
The courses available fully funded (if eligibility criteria are met) include:
- Level 3 or Level 4 ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Finance for non-finance Managers
- Pricing Strategies for small businesses
- Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act
- Certificate in the Safe Handling of Medication
To find out more about the courses at Carlisle College or to enrol please contact the Carlisle College Reception Team on 01228 822 700 or email@example.com
If you want to find out more about The Edge and the training offered by our partners please visit www.theedgeincumbria.co.uk