Carlisle College offer an ABC Awards Level 2 MOT nominated tester Qualification (Classes 4 and 7).
This qualification is available to workshops and technicians for just £650 per candidate and includes all training & College assessment*.
*Final assessment needs to be booked through your local DVSA office.
The course consists of 3 days learning & ½ day practical assessment.
Level 2 Award
Once passed, new MOT testers can apply to the DVSA to be assessed in their test centre and then begin conducting MOT Tests.
The Level 2 Awards in MOT Testing will teach you:
- Safe working practices in Testing Centres.
- Working relationships within the Testing Centre.
- How to manage professional development as an MOT tester.
- How to carry out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test.
- How to carry out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test.
During the course, delivery of the qualification must include a minimum of eight hours practical training. With assistance, learners must complete an entire simulated, uninterrupted MOT test for the relevant vehicle class. The simulated MOT test must be carried out in a training environment that meets the DVSA’s standard requirements. This includes the MOT computer testing service system and assessment of all units in this qualification.
Learners will also need to sit an externally set and externally marked examination which will test the knowledge they have gained from learning.
Am I Eligible?
In order to take the Level 2 Award in MOT Testing, learners must have;
- A Level 3 Motor Vehicle Qualification
- A current and full UK driving licence for the relevant vehicle class
- At least four years full-time employment in service and repair of the relevant vehicle class
- Monday 8th October 2018
- Monday 26th November 2018
- Monday 11th February 2019
- Monday 20th May 2019
- Monday 1st July 2019
Pre-MOT Testers course
Carlisle College are pleased to be able to offer the ABC Awards Vehicle Technician Accredited Assessment (VTAA).
The VTAA has been developed in collaboration with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and enables Motor Vehicle Technicians who do not hold a formal qualification and who have worked in their roles for four or more years to prove their capabilities at Level 3.
Achievement of the VTAA enables a technician to meet the entry requirements needed to take the Level 2 MOT Tester qualification.
This Pre-Mot (VTAA) qualification consists of a combination of classroom delivery and workshop instruction, with practical assessment and online examination.
The VTAA consists of 1 day training and 1 day College assessment for just £650 per candidate.
- Friday 26th October and 2nd November 2018
- Friday 11th January 18th January 2018
For more information or to book call Amanda Harding at Carlisle College on 01228 822878 or email at AHarding@carlisle.ac.uk