Carlisle College now offers an ABC Awards Level 2 MOT nominated tester Qualification (Classes 4 and 7).
This qualification is available to workshops and technicians for just £499 per candidate and includes all training & College assessment*.
*Final assessment needs to be booked through your local DVSA office.
The course consists of 3 days learning & ½ day practical assessment.
Level 2 Award
Once passed, new MOT testers can apply to the DVSA to be assessed in their test centre and then begin conducting MOT Tests.
The Level 2 Awards in MOT Testing will teach you:
- Safe working practices in Testing Centres.
- Working relationships within the Testing Centre.
- How to manage professional development as an MOT tester.
- How to carry out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test.
- How to carry out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test.
During the course, delivery of the qualification must include a minimum of eight hours practical training. With assistance, learners must complete an entire simulated, uninterrupted MOT test for the relevant vehicle class. The simulated MOT test must be carried out in a training environment that meets the DVSA’s standard requirements. This includes the MOT computer testing service system and assessment of all units in this qualification.
Learners will also need to sit an externally set and externally marked examination which will test the knowledge they have gained from learning.
Am I Eligible?
In order to take the Level 2 Award in MOT Testing, learners must have;
- A Level 3 Motor Vehicle Qualification
- A current and full UK driving licence for the relevant vehicle class
- At least four years full-time employment in service and repair of the relevant vehicle class
- Monday 9 October 2017
- Monday 20 November 2017
- Monday 22 January 2018
- Monday 2 April 2018
For more information or to book call Deborah Macleod at Carlisle College on 01228 822798 or email at DMacleod@carlisle.ac.uk