We want to offer you support to ensure you make the most of your learning experiences at the College. We recognise that every student needs individual support, so we have an experienced team of staff who can provide an extensive range of services to ensure that you succeed and enjoy your time at the College.
The types of help we can provide include:
- Careers Advice
- Healthy Living
- Motivational Support
- Financial advice and support
- Scottish EMA
- C Card
- Student Activities
These are just some of the things we can help with. Please see the other sections in Student Life for further information or call and see us in Student Services in the College Atrium.
The College employs an experienced counsellor to help you with any personal problems. The College counselling service offers confidential counselling throughout your time with us, providing practical advice and help with anything that concerns you.
Support Services for Young People in and Leaving Care
Starting College can be a scary time for new students - getting used to new tutors, making new friends and finding your way around can be hard. If you are in care or have recently left care this can be even more challenging. The staff in Student Services are there to help you by offering support to make your move to College as smooth as possible and support you when you are here as a student. The College has achieved the Buttle UK Quality Mark which demonstrates our committment to ensuring the needs of young people in care and care leavers are met.
How we can help
- We can give you advice and guidance to help you choose the right course
- You can visit the College to have a look around before you decide to apply
- We will help you with your application if you need it
- We will tell you about any financial support that will be available to you and help you apply for it
- We will give you the support with your lessons to be successful on your course
- We will be there to support you with any personal problems you may have while you are at College
- We will help you move on the whatever you decide to do after your course
- 16 - 19 Bursary Policy
- Carlisle College Behaviour Policy 17/18
- Disciplinary Procedure Cards
- Complaints Procedure
You can contact us in the following ways:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01228 822895