Student Finance

Financial Advice and Support

Looking forward to coming to College but worried about money? Don’t be. We have funding available to help you out and a team of friendly staff who can answer any questions or concerns you may have. This includes questions about transport, course fees, Further Education (FE) & Higher Education (HE) loans, debts & budgeting and much more. Contact 01228 822700 or

The College has access to a number of Bursary funds aimed at supporting students with specific financial circumstances which may prevent them from taking part in learning. Each fund has different eligibility criteria, however all require that an application form and supporting documentary evidence is provided to determine eligibility.

For details of the support available and eligibility see our Student Finance Guide

To apply, and you are aged 16-18 please click the button below to download the Learner Support Funds 16-18 Bursary Funds form

To apply, and you are aged 19+ please click the button below to download the Learner Support Funds 19+ Bursary Funds form

For students aged 20+ who would like to apply for Childcare support please complete the
20+ Childcare Support Application with your childcare provider.

The 19+ Advanced Learning Loan

If you are over 19 and starting a Further Education course at Level 3 or above on or after 1 August 2022, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan from the government for courses starting in September 2022. It’s easy to apply for, household income isn’t taken into account and there is no credit check. Importantly, you won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over the threshold amount per year and if your income drops below this amount, your repayment will stop. The loan will be paid directly to the College on your behalf. You will not need to pay anything up front for your course fee

 The Advanced Learner Loan 2022/23 online application service is now available to learners

 For full eligibility criteria and to apply visit 

In order to apply for your loan online you will first need a Learning and Funding Information letter from Carlisle College, which is issued as part of the course application process.