This accessibility statement applies to the website www.carlisle.ac.uk.
This website is run by Carlisle College, a Division of NCG. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01228 822700
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com and mark your email for the attention of the Web Development Team.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us via our Contact Page
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Carlisle College (Part of NCG) is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- WCAG 1.1.1 Non-text Content: On the Register form page, some images do not have alternative text. - This is an external service and we are working with the 3rd party to correct these issues by the end of April 2023
- WCAG 1.2.2 Captions: 'Welcome to Carlisle College' video does not have captions. - Due to be corrected by April 2023
- WCAG 1.4.3 Contrast: On the Register form, the grey Register button has insufficient contrast. - This is an external service and we are working with the 3rd party to correct these issues by the end of April 2023
- WCAG 1.4.10 Reflow: main pages do not reflow at high zoom levels. - We are currently developing a new website which will enable full reflow at higher zoom levels. This is due to be in place by Aug 2023
- WCAG 2.4.4 Link Purpose: On the Register form page, image links do not have discernible text. - This is an external service and we are working with the 3rd party to correct these issues by the end of April 2023
- WCAG 2.4.7 Focus Visible: On the Register form, keyboard tab focus is not clearly visible on the hamburger menu when the page is zoomed in at 200% or higher. - This is an external service and we are working with the 3rd party to correct these issues by the end of April 2023
- WCAG 3.1.1 Language of Page: On the Register form page, there is no language set. - This is an external service and we are working with the 3rd party to correct these issues by the end of April 2023
Navigation and accessing information
There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option).
It’s not always possible to change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content.
It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping.
Interactive tools and transactions
Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag.
Some of our forms are built and hosted through third party software and ‘skinned’ to look like our website.
Some pages contain a rotating carosel which can be cannot be paused, we are in the process of changing these components to allow a pause option
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are currently designing and developing a new website with accessibility at the core. Our aim is to have a much improved accessible site by the end of 2023
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 6th March 2023. It was last reviewed on 6th March 2023. This website was last tested on 6th March 2023. The test was carried out internally after selecting a random series of pages to review. This is a process we will continue to do periodically.