Level 2 Award in MOT Testing
Duration: 1 Week
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: June 2024
Type: Part Time
Tutor: Callum Radcliffe
Course Fees: £400
This course is designed for those learners who want to become MOT Testers for either light vehicles or motorcycles.
This qualification looks to develop key competencies which will allow the learner to carry out MOT testing in a recognised MOT Testing Centre.
Students will learn;
- Safe working practices in the test centres
- Working relationships within the test centre
- Managing professional development as an MOT Tester
- Carrying out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- Carrying out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
Level 2 Award in MOT TestingExtra Studies:
Work placement in a relevant setting.
Combination of practical workshop activity and classroom-based theory.
An online ABC Awards online invigilated examination. A simulated, uninterrupted MOT Test carried out to the current standard required by the DVSA.
- A current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes to be tested.
- Be a skilled technician with at least 4 years’ full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested.
- No unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
This qualification is recognised by the DVSA as meeting its requirements to apply to become an MOT Tester.
Learners meeting the requirements of the qualification as well as additional DVSA requirements will be eligible to carry out Statutory Vehicle Inspections on behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide