Level 2 Certificate in Work Skills (Sport and Public Service)
Duration: 35 Weeks
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: July 2024
Type: Full Time
Tutor: Georgia Smethurst
This study programme provides an opportunity for individuals to develop the knowledge, understanding and practical skills for success in employment within the Sports or Public Service sector.
The content on this course is designed to allow you to enhance your English, Maths and employability skills while working towards the first step on our Sport and Public Service BTEC Pathway. The course is delivered by a range of Sport and Public Service staff who tailor units specifically towards both vocations, highlighting industry relevance. Successful achievement of this course would allow you to progress onto either Level 2 Sport or Level 2 Public Service.
Students will learn;
- Developing Work-Related Skills and Behaviours
- Developing Job Application Skills
- Developing Interview Skills
- Planning for Career Entry and Progression
- Applying Numeracy in the Workplace
- Planning for, and Learning from Work Experience
Students will also be required to work towards Maths and English GCSE and employability skills.
Students on this course will learn through a variety of methods including practical experience, lectures projects and case studies, presentations and many more designed to equip learners with the skills required to achieve in sport and public services. You will also be expected to undertake home study on this course.
A variety of assessment methods are used including practical assignments, case studies and class exercises. You will be required to keep a portfolio of evidence as a record of all the work that you have completed during the course.
- 4 GCSEs at grade 3 (D), including Maths and English,
- Level 1 Course with Maths and English Grade 3 (D),
- Functional Skills Level 2.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
There is an option to progress onto one of our Level 2/3 courses offered in Sport or Public Services. There is also an option to enter employment or to undertake an apprenticeship.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide