Level 2 Diploma in Bench Carpentry
Duration: 35 Weeks
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: June 2024
Type: Full Time
Tutor: Jonathan Park
This course will provide you with an excellent opportunity to develop a career in the building industry.
Specifically, this will give you a good grounding in bench joinery. A bench or architectural joiner has the skills and knowledge to make timber products such as doors, stairs and windows.
This course covers a range of areas of study that combine theoretical and practical study. You will develop your practical skills through extensive practical lessons focused upon ‘learning by doing’. The course is up to date in terms of industry standards, varied in its content and focused on giving you the skills to successfully enter the construction industry.
Students will learn;
- Health, safety and welfare in the construction and associated industries
- Principles of construction
- Planning and preparation for architectural joinery production
- Use of woodworking machinery
- Architectural joinery component production
- Assembly and finishing of architectural joinery products
Level 2 Diploma in Bench JoineryExtra Studies:
A level 2 qualification in mathematics / English
There will be a combination of workshop based practical activities supported by formal demonstrations and classroom activities covering the required underpinning knowledge.
You will be assessed by undertaking practical tasks which will be marked against industrial standards. These will be marked by assessors.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or equivalent,
- Mature Students with relevant experience and / or other qualifications may be eligible,
- You will also need to demonstrate the ability to achieve a Level 1 in English and Maths as part of a programme of study.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
On successful completion of the Diploma Level 2 in Bench Joinery, you may progress to Diploma Level 3 in Bench Joinery, or take up a position as a trainee carpenter / joiner in industry and follow an apprenticeship training programme.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide