Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths
Duration: 15 Weeks
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: February 2024
Type: Part Time
Tutor: Claire Ansell-Mahon / Andrew Russell / Kevin Denwood
Course Fees: £0
Functional Skills Maths is a qualification designed to help both young people and adults develop their mathematic skills in order to apply them in employment and everyday life.
Whether you are starting from the beginning, or you already have a basic understanding of mathematics, Functional Skills we will support you in achieving a Maths qualification.
In order to gain a Functional Skills Maths qualification, you are required to sit and pass an exam, composed of a non-calculator and calculator section. Once you have passed the exams, you will receive a certificate from the awarding body as proof of the new skills you have learnt!
Students will learn;
- Read, understand and use mathematical information and terms
- Identify suitable operations and calculations to generate answers
- Check the sense and reasonableness of answers
- Present and explain results clearly and accurately with reasoning to support answers
Level 1 Functional Skills MathsExtra Studies:
Weekly 3-hour classes.
Final non calculator 25 minutes and calculator exam 90 minutes.
- There are no formal entry requirements.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
Functional Skills Maths at Level 2.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide