Level 2 Technical Certificate in Painting and Decorating
Duration: 35 Weeks
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: June 2024
Type: Full Time
Tutor: Calum Wright
The course provides the technical skills and knowledge associated with painting and decorating to allow learners to appeal to employers.
The structure of the course provides learners with a range of experiences relating to work settings and the opportunity to work in the local community in developing skills and knowledge.
Learning approaches combine both theory and practical, allowing for opportunities to apply classroom-based learning into practice.
The content involves an initial focus on developing knowledge on principles of construction and understanding how to apply this. Learners will then be focussing on developing technical skills around the use of access equipment, preparation and application of surfaces and producing decorative colour effects. These areas of study will develop industry standard understanding and expectations of the skill set required to work consistently in the industry.
Students will learn;
- Access of equipment
- Principles of construction
- Application of papers to wall & ceilings
- Preparation of surfaces for decoration
- Application of surface coatings
- Producing decorative colour effects
Level 2 Technical Certificate in Painting and DecoratingExtra Studies:
Approaches to study are evenly mixed between practical and theory.
Examinations, practical synoptic assessments.
- GCSEs at grade 3 (D) and above in Maths and English,
- Level 1 Certificate in Painting and Decorating.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
Employment, or an apprenticeship.
All students will be required to complete work placement.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide