T-Level Qualification in Science - Laboratory Sciences
Duration: 2 Years
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: July 2025
Type: Full Time
Science is one of the most exciting industries around.
If you’re looking to start a career in laboratory sciences, build your skills and gain real-world experience, all whilst learning from our industry-experienced tutors, this T-Level could be for you.
You will learn in our fantastic facilities, while exploring topics such as regulations in the health and science sector, data handling and scientific ethics, alongside theoretical studies of biology, chemistry and physics.
You will complete the course with the scientific knowledge and practical experience to kick-start your career in industry in a laboratory setting.
You will also undertake an employer industry placement for a minimum of 45 days throughout your course, giving you the chance to put your new skills into practice and be able to thrive in the workplace.
The course has a very strong element of practical study and to that end you will spend a significant proportion of your time in the laboratory as well as the study of a key theoretical modules. Alongside your studies you will undertake a substantial work experience placement of at least 45 days; this will serve to underpin improve the skills that you develop whilst studying this program.
Students will learn;
- Working within the health and science sector
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector and the application in the workplace
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Scientific methodology
- Experimental equipment and techniques which will develop the skills to work in a laboratory
- Core science concepts; these include a study of biology, genetics, chemistry and physics
- Further science concept; these will allow you specialize your studies in biochemistry, microbiology, applied chemistry and physics.
A NCFE Level 3 T-Level in Science (Laboratory Sciences)Extra Studies:
Maths, English and digital skills are vital to all roles in science, and these are embedded throughout the course to help you prepare for working in the industry.
Group work | Practical sessions | Theory sessions | Work placement | Employer-set project (ESP)
Written examinations | Practical assessments | Synoptic assignments (Digital Support) | Employer-set project (ESP)
- You will ordinarily require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including English and maths and a Grade 5 in science
- You may also be required to participate in an assessment to ensure suitability ahead of enrolment
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
On successful completion of this course, you may progress into industry on an apprenticeship or you can progress onto university to study a range of scientific undergraduate degree programs.
Work experience is an important part of your T-Level. You will undertake a substantial industry placement with an employer for a minimum of 45 days during your course to help you prepare for your next steps. You will also undertake an employer-set project as part of the course. Carlisle College will take all reasonable steps to provide the course as described. Any changes to the course will be communicated to applicants at the earliest opportunity and updates will be made to our website. If we are unable to deliver the course, we will communicate to applicants and work to find alternative and suitable programmes.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide