Level 1 Extended Certificate in Construction Skills - Joinery
Duration: 35 Weeks
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: June 2024
Type: Full Time
Tutor: Andy Irving
This qualification will provide you with an introduction to your chosen construction trade and is designed so that you will gain core skills and knowledge to enable you to move on to your chosen Level 2 course.
Successful completion will lead to a Level 1 Extended Certificate in Construction Skills.
This course covers a range of areas of study that combine theoretical and practical study. You will develop your practical skills through extensive practical lessons focused upon learning by doing. This programme will provide you with ample opportunity to explore the skills involved in the modern construction industry and give you an excellent insight into the professional competencies required. This course is an excellent first step.
Students will learn;
- Introduction to health and safety
- Introduction to the construction industry
- Underpinning knowledge for all practical units
- Constructing halving joints
- Constructing housing joints
- Constructing through mortice and tenon Joints
- Constructing angled halving joints
- Constructing bridle joints
- Constructing haunched mortice and Tenon Joints
- Constructing stub mortice and Tenon joints
- Fixing architraves and skirtings
- Constructing and fixing hatch linings
- Fitting locks and latches
Level 1 Extended Certificate in Construction Skills - JoineryExtra Studies:
There will be a combination of workshop based practical activity and assessment as well as classroom-based theory.
On-going assessment will take place throughout the course. All assessments within this qualification are externally set (by City and Guilds), centre marked assignments and practical assessments
- GCSEs at Grades 2/1 (E-F),
- Entry Level Qualification,
- Scottish Equivalent,
- Other relevant experience and / or other qualifications maybe eligible.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time..
You may be able to progress to the Level 2 Diploma or an apprenticeship.
All students will be required to complete a minimum of 20 hours work placement.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide