Entry 2 Certificate in Skills for Further Learning and Employment
Duration: 36 Weeks
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: July 2024
Type: Full Time
Tutor: To be confirmed
Course Fees: N/A
The Skills for Independence and Work courses will enable students to gain a qualification at Entry 2, based on skills for further learning and employment, with support.
The core units develop increased independence, communication, and IT skills, which leads to as well as developing skills to live a healthy, enriched, and independent lifestyle.
The course also increases student's opportunities for work experience, taking steps towards employment Vocational units are a key part of the course and offer students the opportunity to develop ski areas of interests. Maths and English will be a compulsory part of the study programme.
Students will learn;
- Personal Action Planning
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Accessing Leisure Services
- Using Communication Skills in a Workplace
- 2x vocational units at Entry 2 (Entry 3) could include: Sport, Art, cooking Drama/music/etc:
Entry 2 Certificate in Skills for Further Learning and EmploymentExtra Studies:
Maths and English Functional Skills
A variety of teaching methods are used, including practical sessions, group discussions, and a mixture of individual and small group projects.
The student's will be assessed by producing course work linked to the core units and vocational areas and English or Maths assessments.
- You must already be working at a level appropriate to the study programme; this will be discussed at interview to see if this is the most suitable course.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
Entry 3 skill for Independence and Work
You will be required to complete 30 hours of work experience
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide