T-Level Qualification in Health - Supporting the Mental Health Team
Duration: 2 Years
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: July 2025
Type: Full Time
Are you a passionate advocate for mental health support? Are you thinking about a career in this challenging but rewarding sector? If so, this T-Level in Supporting the Mental Health Team could be for you.
As a health student, you will benefit from learning in industry-standard facilities that replicate a real healthcare setting and will learn from tutors with years of experience within the sector.
You will study a range of important topics including health and safety regulations, scientific and clinical practice, and infection prevention, as well as theoretical studies of biology, chemistry and physics.
You will complete the course with the scientific knowledge and practical experience you need to play a variety of vital supporting roles in the health industry.
You will also undertake an employer industry placement for a minimum of 45 days throughout your course, giving you the opportunity to put your new skills into practice and thrive in the workplace.
You will also complete an occupational specialism component (Supporting the Mental Health Team). Alongside your studies you will undertake a substantial work experience placement of at least 45 days.
Students will learn;
- Working within the health and science sector
- The healthcare sectors
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
- Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Managing personal information
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Providing person-centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
- Core science concepts
- Further science concepts.
A NCFE Level 3 T-Level in Health (Supporting Mental Health Team).Extra Studies:
Maths, English and digital skills are vital to all roles in health and these are embedded throughout the course to help you prepare for working in the industry.
Group work | Practical sessions | Theory sessions | Work placement | Employer-set project (ESP)
Written examinations | Practical activities assessments | Case study assessment | Professional discussion | Employer-set project (ESP)
- You will ordinarily require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including English and maths
- You may also be required to participate in an assessment to ensure suitability ahead of enrolment
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
On successful completion of this course, you may progress into industry on an apprenticeship or a variety of entry-level roles including a care worker or a healthcare assistant and emergency care assistant. Alternatively, you can progress into higher education.
Work experience is an important part of your T-Level, and you will undertake a substantial industry placement with an employer for a minimum of 45 days during your course to help you prepare for your next steps. You will also undertake an employer-set project as part of the course. Carlisle College will take all reasonable steps to provide the course as described. Any changes to the course will be communicated to applicants at the earliest opportunity and updates will be made to our website. If we are unable to deliver the course, we will communicate to applicants and work to find alternative and suitable programmes.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide