Level 2 Certificate in Preparation for Public Service
Duration: 35 Weeks
Start Date: September 2023
End Date: July 2024
Type: Full Time
Tutor: Chris Bland
This qualification is for learners who want to start a career in the uniformed services.
It is ideal for learners intending to progress directly to employment within the range of services from emergency services to voluntary and other uniformed services.
The qualification relates directly to the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected by employers in the uniformed services. Course content focuses on both the practical and theoretical aspects involved in service, giving learners insight into discipline, health and fitness requirement, community, teamwork and leadership.
Students will learn;
- Public Service Skills and Support for the Community
- Employment in the Uniformed Services
- Health and Fitness for Entry into the Uniformed Public Services
- Activities and Teamwork for Public Services
- Community and Cultural Awareness
Level 2 Certificate in the Preparation for the Uniformed Protective ServicesExtra Studies:
Students enrolled onto this course will be expected to undertake home study. Some students may also be resitting their Math s/ English qualification alongside their normal studies.
Students on this course will learn through a variety of methods including practical experience, lectures, projects, case studies, presentations, weekly practical sessions and many more designed to equip learners with the skills required to prepare them for a service role.
Assessment methods includes a variety of methods and styles suited to skills and occupationally based qualifications at this level. The majority of assessments are internally assessed, with two external assessments taken under exam conditions. The style of assessment draws on the learning throughout the qualification and assessments are graded using a scale of pass, merit and distinction.
- 4 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above, including either Maths or English GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above,
- Level 2 Qualifications with Maths and English grade 3 (D) or Functional Skills Level 2.
- Please note that entry requirements and course offer can be subject to change at any time.
There is an option to progress onto one of our Level 3 courses upon achievement of a minimum Merit grade on this course.
There is also the opportunity to enter employment or to undertake an apprenticeship on successful completion of this course.
Prospectus DownloadsFull Time Course Guide
Higher Education Guide